qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: floppy controller missing in acpi tables

From: Paul Jakma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] PATCH: floppy controller missing in acpi tables
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:08:56 -0000

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Ben Taylor wrote:

This patch was created by Juergen Kiel, so to be clear I did not make this patch. I did however, test it, with the current CVS code, and this patch to the ACPI tables does allow a floppy drive to be seen by a Solaris 10/X86 guest.

Prior to this time, changes in Solaris 10 do not correctly enumerate the ISA bus for the floppy, and therefore you could never add an Install Time Update (ITU), such as the DiskUpdate on tools.de/solaris/itu/DU.zip which has a modifed RTL8029 driver that works with Qemu on SolarisX86.

Note: the file hw/acpi-dsdt.hex must be rebuilt using Intel's "iasl"
ACPI compiler.  In the hw directory, run "iasl -tc acpi-dsdt.dsl".  That
should build the acpi-dsdt.hex file from acpi-dsdt.dsl.

Ah, someone fixed this - great.

I hope this makes it into Qemu soon.

regards,
--