qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtual FTP/WebDAV (was: windows xp under pclinuxos 200

From: Rene Horn
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtual FTP/WebDAV (was: windows xp under pclinuxos 2005)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:32:49 -0500

The creator of QEMU-Puppy seems to have some ideas solving this:
http://www.erikveen.dds.nl/qemupuppy/index.html#6.1.0

His first solution uses a modified FTP server from within the guest, but the modification seems a bit hackish.

His second solution uses tar and netcat, but that seems rather inelegant.

His third solution uses SMB under a Linux host, but doesn't work under Windows, ironically.

I'm also wondering why the user mode network stack won't work.

Rene