qemu-devel

Re:[Qemu-devel] Re: Cosimulation

From: nicolas\.sauzede
Subject: Re:[Qemu-devel] Re: Cosimulation
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 16:47:47 +0200

I really don't understand, I never received the email I sent
to you and to the mailing list..
Did you see it posted on the ML ? was there any attachment ?

I still didn't get your attachment either..

I must have some troubles with my mail system..

Can you resend me please a copy of the systemc and
qemu-modified-part of your project ?

TIA,

NS.

> Hi nicolas,
>
> Thank you very much for your reply. In attachment you find
the sc dscription
> of the cirrus logic, The problem is that it is implement
with a different
> version of SystemC built by my university. In fact the card
description
> isn't a problem for me.
> This description concern the emulation of 8 register and the
communication
> is via socket trought a message struct. The open connection
is made at init
> function of the card (I think) and in read/write function
> (..._ioport_read/write) there are the message send/receive
via socket as you
> write for your remote device.
> The point is that I need to be recognize by qemu and more
important
> recognize by debian device driver of the cirrus. I think
this will be
> impossbile for me :) but I try!
>
> There are some open point for me:
>
> 1) In read/write functions i need only to descrive the
operation on the
> register, right? As in parallel.c, for each register there
is the ioctl call
> in base of the register (status, data...) I think i only
need to do the
> same;
>
> 2) The init function is a full open point... I wrote than
there is the
> socket connection, but I don't know if I need to recognize
it as a pci-card.
> Can somebody help me?
>
> 3) Interrupt implementation: I need only to implement
..._update_irq right?
> It seems no problem, but I want to be secure about it.
>
> 2006/8/22, Nicolas SAUZEDE-NONST <address@hidden>:
> >
> > Hi Alessandro,
> >
> > Concerning your cosimulation problem, I may help a little bit,
> > because when you first posted on the qemu dev list about
your sysc
> > project,
> > it motivated me to first learn about systemc (which I
didn't know) and to
> > start hacking qemu to connect them together.
> >
> > Well I must admit I'm pretty satisfied of the results,
> > I managed to build some small sysc dumb devices (gates,
counters,
> > ram/buffers, fpu etc..)
> > (with a FIR filter in mind indeed), defined some sort of
sysc written
> > "interface" that offers a bus+signals to sysc, while
connecting to qemu
> > via a socket.
> > Within qemu, I created a parallel-like device (as you said
on the ml
> > recently) and so I can probe my device from within guest
OS (dos, linux,
> > etc..)
> > the device is called remote.c (like a "remote"
parallel-like device)

> > If you want I can send you some rough version of my
project to see how
> > (ugly) I did
> > and maybe we can share our experiences...
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > NS.
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > NS.
> > Nicolas SAUZEDE -- Subco
> > ST Microelectronics Grenoble
> > 12, rue Jules Horowitz, BP 217
> > 38019 Grenoble Cedex
> > STB Tel : 041 5142
> > EXT Tel : 0476585142

Cet été, pensez aux cartes postales de laposte.net !