qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] sound issue

From: Rick Vernam
Subject: [Qemu-devel] sound issue
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:04:07 -0500

I've spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out why this keeps happening:

$ export QEMU_AUDIO_DRV=alsa
$ qemu-system-x86_64 -kernel-kqemu -hda /home/rick/docs/.qemu/wxp1.qemu -m
192 -net nic -net tap,script=/etc/qemu-ifup -localtime -snapshot -usbdevice
tablet -soundhw es1370
alsa: Could not initialize ADC
alsa: Failed to set period size 1024
alsa: Reason: Invalid argument
alsa: Could not initialize ADC
alsa: Failed to set period size 1024
alsa: Reason: Invalid argument
audio: Failed to create voice `es1370.adc'
alsa: Could not initialize ADC
alsa: Failed to set period size 1024
alsa: Reason: Invalid argument
alsa: Could not initialize ADC
alsa: Failed to set period size 1024
alsa: Reason: Invalid argument
audio: Failed to create voice `es1370.adc'

I get no sound.
If I knew what these things meant, I might be able to figure this out...
Posting here is my last ditch effort - believe me, I have tried to avoid
posting support questions in a dev. list, but am hoping for a bit of insight
here...

almost forgot, linux host (gentoo), 2.6.17 kernel.

thanks
-Rick