qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Kqemu issue

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Kqemu issue
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 15:35:56 +0400

Alessandro Corradi wrote:
Hi all,
I use Debian host os with debian guest os. The problem is that I must to reinstall kqemu every time I boot my host system. When I try to load qemu it tells me that it can't open kqemu (first I load kqemu with modprobe naturallyand it is ok), I chmod 777 /dev/kqemu and it tells me that there isn't this file! Can someone help me?

If you are running udev and a new enough kernel, load kqemu with
modprobe kqemu major=0 and udev should create the device node for you.
If you are running with devfs, you will need to mknod every time you boot, or however Debian lets you do it.

Brad