qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Is there a way to install Minix 2.0.4 on my own image file?

From: Neo
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Is there a way to install Minix 2.0.4 on my own image file?
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:39:23 -0500

hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to install minix 2.0.4 on my own image file instead of just running on an existing one. For Minix 3, we can install it from emulated CD ROM. But for minix 2.0.4, I cannot map the USR.MNX to the fda while the ROOT.MNX is mapped to it.

The command I used: qemu -localtime -net user -net nic -m 128 -fda ROOT.MNX -hda neo_minix.img -boot a.

You may get the screen shot from the attachment.

Thanks,
Neo

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!

PNG image