qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: esd audio output patch and debuging.

From: malc
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: esd audio output patch and debuging.
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 02:33:11 +0400 (MSD)

Frederick Reeve <cylix <at> solace.info> writes:

Hello.

[..snip..]

Now, I would not have you thinking this patch is a ready to go.  I
am writing this email because I am having a little trouble with
this.  It outputs sound fine but it produces artafacts.  I'm not
sure of the cause.  Though I think it may have to do with frame
alignment or with the conversion process (see code).  It sounds like
its clipping at high sample volume but this is the first time I have
done anything with audio programing.  I had planed to submit a
completed patch but...  anyway if anyone can point me in the right
direction I would appreciate it.  Alternately if you just want to
fix it that would be great to.

Implemented the ideas described in previous post, latency is no good
(something to be expected) but the quality seems to be fine now.

Fabrice: i think this can be safely applied.

--
mailto:address@hidden