qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu cannot recognize audio cd

From: Heng Yin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu cannot recognize audio cd
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 13:28:05 -0400

I run Qemu under Linux, and run Windows XP as guest OS. When I insert an audio CD into CDROM, and use parameter -cdrom /dev/cdrom to run Qemu, Qemu quits immediately, showing the error message:

qemu: could not open hard disk image '/dev/cdrom'.

I also tried to insert a data cd first to start qemu, and then use eject and change command. Windows shows the audio cd is not inserted.

I guess qemu doesn't support audio cd format for now. Does anybody know a workaround to this problem? I tried dd, but it cannot copy the cd to a file.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated!