qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: Regression: QEMU 0.8.2 (and CVS) fails to boot a debian

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: Regression: QEMU 0.8.2 (and CVS) fails to boot a debian arm
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 15:08:44 +0200

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 12:14:44PM +0200, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have setup a debian arm (unstable) under QEMU, until now using version
> 0.8.1 and a root on NFS.
>
> I wanted to use the new SCSI card emulation introduced in QEMU 0.8.2,
> but it fails to boot (still with root on NFS). It freeze, the last
> message being:
>
> INIT: version 2.86 booting
>
> There is the same problem with QEMU CVS. Note that using root=/bin/sh
> works well using root on NFS and even using the emulated SCSI drive.

I think I have found the problem. Actually the system is not frozen, but
just very slow. I now get while booting the kernel:
  Calibrating delay loop... 12.16 BogoMIPS (lpj=60800)
instead of
  Calibrating delay loop... 486.60 BogoMIPS (lpj=2433024)

Note that it is with the versatilepb (or versatileab) machine, the
problem is not there with the integrator one.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden