qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Building a Linux Distro

From: Joseph Miller
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Building a Linux Distro
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 11:55:30 -0400

I have used it before, but it has been a while.  Linux from scratch is so fast
because you get to decide which packages to include during the build process.
It helps you to make the basic system, then you are on your own.  You will be
able to boot to a login prompt, but you will not have X Windows or any extra
packages unless you build them yourself after finishing LFS.  It was probably
about 5 years ago, but on a K6-2 400MHz, it booted in about 20 seconds or so.

-Joseph