qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Fastest TCP/IP Stack

From: WaxDragon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Fastest TCP/IP Stack
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:21:18 -0400

I've not done any benchmarks, but I do pay attention to resource
usage. (Host OS linux)  -net user has pretty good thoughput, but does
burn some cpu.  I think in that regard, -net tap has less overhead.
During my use of qemu, I've noticed that the quality of the nic driver
and the nic emulation itself comes into play.  I would try the
differnet models and see.  -net nic,model=pcnet always seemed like it
performed well. YOMV.

WD