qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Linux ACPI RSDT probe bug

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Linux ACPI RSDT probe bug
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 19:42:05 +0200

Hi,

While moving the PCI, MP Table and ACPI table initialisation code to the Bochs BIOS, I found that even recent Linux kernels do not scan the ACPI RSDT table at the right addresses in the Extended BIOS Data Area. Does anyone know why it was never fixed ? It is very disturbing for QEMU because I would prefer not to patch the BIOS ROM to initialize the ACPI RSDT table.

Regards,

Fabrice.