qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 on ppc: tls issues

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-i386 on ppc: tls issues
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 21:59:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

since I got my iBook (now running Linux), I always wanted to use qemu-i386
to run those fancy i386-only gimmicks like Flash player etc.

Now, I finally got around to actually try to get it working, but I always
fail with "cannot set up thread-local storage: set_thread_area failed when
setting up thread-local storage".

Skimming the archives, I got a hint that tls and user emulation does not
work together. Is this by design, or by lack of time?

Ciao,
Dscho