qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-i386 helper.c

From: Paul Jakma
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/target-i386 helper.c
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 18:04:28 +0100 (IST)

On Mon, 2 Oct 2006, Juergen Keil wrote:

... seems to indicate that it is trying to find an unused portion
of 256 bytes of I/O space (for the NIC (?) at pci bus/device/func 0/3/0,
according to the command "info pci" in qemu's monitor), and has failed.

Yeah, seems to be for the NIC.

I also get this warning from time to time. Sometimes the reason is that clock is "stalled", sometimes it has "skipped".

Ditto.

It seems to be a harmless warning, though.

Try to boot with the kernel debugger enabled, so that you can read the panic message (I guess it reboots because of a panic).

D'oh, I should have known that ;). It's not able to mount root. One thing it says on IDE init is:

ata_set_feature: (0x66,0x0) failed

Then lots of 'timeout: reset bus, target=0, lun=0' and other warnings with:

Error for command 'read sector' Error Level: informational
Sense Key: aborted command
Vendor 'Gen-ATA' error code: 0x3

Is that the host OS or the guest OS?

SNV as guest.

Are you running qemu or qemu-system-x86_64?

32bit Qemu.

With or without kqemu?

Without.

Are you trying to install open solaris, or are you trying to boot from an installed qemu hdd image?

I had installed it with qemu from a few weeks ago (or maybe 0.8.2 release - sorry, can't remember). Something very recent in CVS seems to have broken booting it.

There shouldn't be any difference between install and boot really. I'm using a raw block device as Qemu 'hda'.

I'll try dig further.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma      address@hidden  address@hidden  Key ID: 64A2FF6A