qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Windows, acpi and kqemu

From: Brad Campbell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Windows, acpi and kqemu
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:41:29 +0400

G'day all.

Has anyone managed to get Win2k or XP reliably running with acpi and kqemu?

I get random errors usually related to memory access according to the blue
screens.

Without ACPI it runs ok.. and without kqemu it runs ok.
I can not (and I've been trying hard) managed to reproduce any problems using a
linux guest yet.

I did notice that the linux guests disable the pmtimer as being bogus and moan about the base address for the SM controller being uninitialised, but I've not had the time to try and chase this down.

Brad