qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..

From: Ben Taylor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] configure flag for compilation question..
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:18:18 -0400

---- Ishwar Rattan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Trying to compile qemu on amd64 based Solaris.
>
> I do not have write permission to /usr/local subtree
>
> ./configure --libdir=other-path --prefix=not-ustlocal
> is fine
> but make always generates binaries that want to find
> /usr/local/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0 etc. (checked with ldd).
>
> What is the way out for this sticky point?

Manually add "-L/usr/local/lib -R/usr/local/lib" to the Makefile for the link
phase so it will correctly add those paths to the library lookup.  If I had
a code base to look at this instance, I could tell you where.  You could
also add those flags to Makefile.target in the SOLARIS specific areas,
which would probably make more sense.

As Martin indicated, setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH may get you a running
binary, but LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the wrong answer for Solaris.

Ben