qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for SCSI externals

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Patch for SCSI externals
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:04:14 +0100

On Tuesday 17 October 2006 19:42, Chuck Brazie wrote:
> Here is a path to enable the SCSI disk support in QEMU.
> Let me know your thoughts, etc. This is my first time at some open source
> updates...

I think it would be better to unify the ide and scsi options. I suggest
something like the -net options:

-disk [file=]<finename>,[type={disk,cdrom}][,id={ide,scsi}[N]]
[,format={raw,qcow,...}]

With the existing options being aliases, eg.
-hda fat:foo => -disk file=foo,type-disk,id=ide0,type=vfat
-cdrom bar => -disk bar,type=cdrom,id=ide2

Then make the device emulation lookup devices by id.

Either that or just implement config file support.

Paul