qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support

From: Rob Landley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Config file support
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 19:28:47 -0400

On Monday 23 October 2006 9:38 pm, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:
>   Maybe. But where are new chips in qemu? Why there're still only 2
> ARM boards? How do I "stick" wi-fi card in one of them? So the concern
> is not just if it's easy to add new devices or not, but if there're means
> to actually support appearance and growth of device library. Plugin system
> would be a "decree" that there's a stable API to define devices and
> welcome for 3rd-party developers to develop them.

Because the lack of a stable internal API has completely prevented Linux from
getting any sort of device support.  It runs on far less hardware than things
like Solaris, with such a stable API...

> P.S. This is not a troll

People who are not trolling generally don't have to _say_ they aren't
trolling.

Rob
--
"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery