qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] proprietary MIPS based ASIC

From: larytet . 39605663
Subject: [Qemu-devel] proprietary MIPS based ASIC
Date: 26 Oct 2006 07:50:45 -0000

 Hello,

I am a software developer working in a chip maker. One of our chips
- dual MIPS 4Kec with GPON/BPON related peripherals, DDR, interrupt contorller,
SPI, I2C and UART. This is SoC (System ooon Chip) which should run small chunk
of software, like proprietary protocol stack, small RTOS (may be commercial
one like Velosity or OSS like eCOS)

How hard it is going to be to emulate
full system like this ? Any examples/tutorials where to start ? Any experience
of porting QEMU to other platforms ? Let's say MIPS+DDR+simple interrupt
controller
and no other peripherals