qemu-devel

[FreeSBIE LVC] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw ide.c

From: Juergen Lock
Subject: [FreeSBIE LVC] Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/hw ide.c
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:22:08 +0200 (CEST)

In article <address@hidden> you write:
>CVSROOT:       /sources/qemu
>Module name:   qemu
>Changes by:    Fabrice Bellard <bellard>       06/08/07 21:36:34
>
>Modified files:
>       hw             : ide.c
>
>Log message:
>       use AIO for DMA transfers - enabled DMA for CDROMs

Hi!

 I just tried FreeSBIE LVC (see announcement here:
        http://www.riondabsd.net/2006/10/13/announce-freesbie-lvc-is-out/
) with qemu cvs (using this experimental port update:
        http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?20061026201752.GA51540
) and it hung, printing:
        atapi_poll called!
repeatedly on the console.  Disabling USE_DMA_CDROM in hw/ide.c made it
boot.  So this seems to be a variation of the old problem of the cdrom
dma patch being incompatible with FreeBSD atapicam. (FreeSBIE still has
atapicam in the kernel, and back when the first cdrom dma patch was
posted it caused the cd being detected as a disk (da) on an older
FreeBSD atapicam guest...)