qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] grabless mouse operation?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: [Qemu-devel] grabless mouse operation?
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 21:32:34 +0000 (UTC)

I've got Qemu running nicely, but I find it excruciatingly
frustrating that qemu always insists on raising its window.  If
I'd wanted that window on the top, I'd have _put_ it on the
top _myself_.

I realize that the Qemu authors are very clever folks, but
isn't it rather presumptuous for them to insist that they know
how windows should be arranged on my desktop better than I?

I also find the focus-grabbing to be extremely inconvenient.
I've used another emulator (now unsupported) for many years and
thought the way the mouse and focus worked (same as every other
window) was perfect.

There was a patch a couple years ago to make it work more like
other emulators like Basilisk and Win4Lin.

Does that patch still work?

Is there some reason why that patch wasn't accepted?

--
Grant Edwards
address@hidden