qemu-devel

SOLVED Re: [Qemu-devel] inside qemu, kernel 2.6.17-mm6 fails to boot dis

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: SOLVED Re: [Qemu-devel] inside qemu, kernel 2.6.17-mm6 fails to boot disk image
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:33:15 +0700

Hi..

> Hello everybody
>
> Today I boot my FC2 disk image along with 2.6.17-mm6 kernel using
> this command line:
> qemu -hda ./fc2.img -m 64 -net none -kernel
> /mnt/linux/linux-2.6.17-mm6-HZ1000/arch/i386/boot/bzImage -no-kqemu
> -append root=/dev/hda1

Following up my own post, I revealed that this problem was related with
the fact that both of these kernel configs were disabled:
CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_GENERIC

The solution , in case you meet the same trouble like me, is to enable
those two configs and it should boot fine.

NB: Of course, it wouldn't hurt if you check the partition with fsck so
you're sure nothing is wrong inside the partition itself. In my case,
fsck found nothing wrong in my disk image.

regards,

Mulyadi