qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Base images

From: Eric Hameleers
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Base images
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:17:51 +0100

David Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a couple of questions about creating images linked to base images:
> - `qemu-img commit` commits changes directly to the base image. Is there a way
> to create a new merged image with the changes so as not to change the
> original?
> - I noticed that images refer to their base image using an absolute path. Is
> there a way to change an image's base image reference? (for example when the
> base image is renamed / moved to a different directory)

Would be nice if a command like:
  "qemu-img relocate <filename> -p <path_to_new_base_image>"
would be added.
I have been able sometimes to hack new path names into the header of
the qemu image-file but that is not an ideal solution, and it is not
always possible.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
RedHat Certified Engineer #808003505607683