qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SystemC Cosimulation

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SystemC Cosimulation
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 15:02:51 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Màrius Montón wrote:

> Our work on SystemC + QEMU has been published:
> http://cephis.uab.es/proj/public/qemu/

Great!

A few comments (as you said they are welcome):

- As far as I saw, you use C++, but the code is simple enough to be
written in C. This is needed by SystemC, correct?

- the c++ compiler is typically called CXX, not CC2, in Makefiles

- your diff contains changes to arm-user/Makefile and likewise for other
targets. These Makefiles are just copies of Makefile.target; you should
patch only this.

- there are backup files in your patch

- some namings are non-English ("llegir", "escriure"). Please use the
English terms "read" and "write" instead

- (minor nit) the indentation of hw/pc.c is incorrect

- (minor nit) the file names and function names in QEmu are lower case
("SCLink.c", "SC_init()")

- since the SystemC code is not target specific (or is it?), you could
have it in its own subdirectory, like the audio/ stuff

- this code depends on SystemC being present, right? You should add a
configure option, and disable this code (including CXX linking) if the
option was not passed -- there are probably many more users without the
necessary dependencies

- if you want to submit it to the list, you can do so as an attached
gzipped patch

Ciao,
Dscho