qemu-devel

Re: Re: SV: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPSR and conditional instructions

From: Torbjörn Andersson
Subject: Re: Re: SV: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPSR and conditional instructions
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 08:05:53 +0000

We are currently debugging the situation and we are actually not sure about the
real reason for our current situation.

However, we have seen that the condition bits in CPSR differers compared to one
other arm instruction set simulator, running the same binary. This indicate for
us that there might be something wrong i QEMU (translate.c op.c for ARM).
However, it is not proven yet.

However, our understanding for the situation would improve if the strategy for
simulating the conditional execution of ARM instructions is understood.

Is a conditional ARM instruction treated as a branch-point, an end marker for a
TB?
 If not, jumps qemu within a TB?
Is it possible to describe the strategy with a reasonable effort? I would be
very greatfull.

/Torbjörn