qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] About the code to detect a CD-ROM disk is unmounted

From: Lonnie Mendez
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] About the code to detect a CD-ROM disk is unmounted
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 03:01:05 -0600

On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 16:21 +0800, Yu, Xiaoyang wrote:
> Great! Thanks a lot for the information! I found the function definition in
> the files you pointed out, by looking into the latest CVS snapshot.
>
> It seems that code changed a lot since version 0.8.2 released. So if I still
> use version 0.8.2, is there some files or function I should look at instead?
> Thanks a lot!

I found this just by searching for 'eject' in the source.  It does look
like qemu from cvs has nicely refactored the code for dealing with
removable media since the qemu 0.8.2 release.  Follow the path of the
bdrv_close handler (for cdrom raw_close() is called).  The call is made
from hw/ide.c (GPCMD_START_STOP_UNIT).