qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] About performance of qemu-system-arm

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] About performance of qemu-system-arm
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:26:09 +0000

2006/12/13, PianoPan <address@hidden>:
performance of Linux in Qemu is too slow. It
uses about one hour to boot GUI system.

During development work this summer at one point I experienced an
immense slowdown of QEMU - from 63 bogomips to 1 or 2 on a 400MHz
Pentium. The problem went away when I upgraded the ARM linux kernel
that QEMU was running from 2.6.16 to 2.6.16-rc3 and the problem has
not come back with later versions (.17 .18)