qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: RE : Re: Re: NBD server for QEMU images

From: Salvador Fandino
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: RE : Re: Re: NBD server for QEMU images
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 20:03:13 +0100

Jan Marten Simons wrote:
> Salvador Fandino schrieb:
>> right now, you can use "-o offset" and "-s size" to serve a partition
>> inside a partitioned disk image. And you can use fdisk or a similar tool
>>  to examine the partition table (they work on /dev/nbd0).
>>
>> I am also looking for some working code to parse the MBR to incorporate
>> it in qemu-nbds (something as libparted but simpler), so it would be
>> possible to just indicate the partition number to serve.
>>
>> - Salva
>>
> The code of lomount might be what you're looking for. Lomount allows one
> to mount partions (via loop) from a raw diskimage.

That was my intention, but I have found that lomount handling of EBR and
logical partition is not correct, they perform as if EBR where
structured as MBR, what is wrong!

Anyway, I have implemented the partition table parsing from scratch and
upload a new version of qemu-nbds.c to the QEMU forum.

Cheers,

  - Salva