qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed vs vmplayer?

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu speed vs vmplayer?
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 22:47:08 +0000

> Is qvm86 still active ? if yes, great. if no, what do you need to restart
> it ? (else than dedicated developpers, of course). As far as I can see, no
> qvm86 check-in for 15 months now...

Not really. I haven't had chance to do anything with it for a while, and
probably won't in the forseeable future. It probably wouldn't take more than
a couple of weeks work for an experienced coder to get it working properly.

If someone else shows serious interest in qvm86 I've no real objection to
handing over management of the project to them.

As Anthony mentioned, efforts might be best spent integrating this
functionality into Xen or KVM. You're more than welcome to use qvm86 code for
this.

Paul