qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] New display device for MIPS

From: Alexander Voropay
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] New display device for MIPS
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 17:02:16 +0300

"Thiemo Seufer" <address@hidden> wrote:

> AFAICS the output interferes with the serial console output.
> I wonder how the typical scrolling text "Linux on MALTA" would look
> like in that case. :-)
What about starting with the core of the new machine description before
submitting the unconnected peripherals?

The Malta-LED is a part of the Malta-FPGA device wich also contains
- DIP-Switch block, including BIGEND switch
- NMI status register
- Software reset
- GPIO registers
- I2C registers

Is should be better to implement all this devices as one "Malta FPGA" driver.

P.S. AFAIK, Virtio VPMM emulates Malta LED in the separate graphic
window, not on the serial port.

--
-=AV=-