qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] win98 slow with kqemu

From: Mikhail Ramendik
Subject: [Qemu-devel] win98 slow with kqemu
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:09:30 +0000

Hello,

Some time ago I reported win98 slowness with kqemu, see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2006-05/msg00295.html

I have tried again, this time on a Pentium 4 (Prescott) 3 GHz system, with
Debian sarge and backports.org 2.6.18 kernel; qemu 0.8.2 and kqemu 1.3.0pre9
are locally compiled, not packaged.

Still I see visible slowness with win98 guest and kqemu; it is slower than
win98 guest without kqemu. The amnhld.vxd idlesness driver is installed.

The problem is mentioned in forums periodically, i.e. the last reply in
http://qemu-forum.ipi.fi/viewtopic.php?t=2015 .

I would really like to have this fixed; I am somewhat experienced and will do
what is needed for testing etc. I would try some CPU "mark" tests for a more
objective check - but which of them will work without DirectX?

--
Yours, Mikhail Ramendik