qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] cvs regression - blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

From: maestro
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] cvs regression - blue screen INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 01:03:50 +0100

Am Dienstag, den 02.01.2007, 23:48 -0800 schrieb Don Kitchen:
> I just compiled CVS and have experienced a regression with some windows
> qcow images (2000 pro and server). The images work with cvs I compiled back
> in July, but current cvs produces blue screen with INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE.
>
> I'm running under linux, with only option -hda disk.
>
> Thanks

hello don,

when i tried to boot an old w2k installation with a recent qemu i got
exactly the same BSOD. what solved the issue over here was the fact that
i changed the bios (-L pc-bios/) to the one shipped with qemu cvs
(instead of using the very old bios installed by the package management
system of my distro)

hope this helps
cheers
m.