qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary Malta platform support

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary Malta platform support
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 23:21:51 +0100

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 08:55:28PM +0100, Stefan Weil wrote:

> Hello Aurelien,

Hi!

> merci pour l'emulation de MIPS malta. C'est très jolie.
>
> I added the MIPS display device which I already published
> in an earlier mail, so now Thiemo can see LINUX ON MALTA
> scrolling. Maybe the colors need some tuning (is green on
> black correct?). My console patch (published on the list
> some minutes ago) is also needed for correct display.
>
> The display was tested with the Malta patches and MIPS kernel
> http://temp.aurel32.net/vmlinux-2.6.18.5-mipsel like this:
>
> ./mipsel-softmmu/qemu-system-mipsel -M malta -kernel vmlinux-2.6.18.5-mipsel
>
> Alt-Ctrl-4 or Alt-Ctrl-5 should show the Malta ASCII display.

Thanks for your work. I have just tested it, it works well. I will
include it in the next version of my patches. I would be nice if your
console patch could be merged meanwhile.

About the color I don't know as I don't own such a board. I guess Thiemo
knows the answer.

Tschüss,
AUrelien

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden