qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary Malta platform support

From: Aurelien Jarno
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Preliminary Malta platform support
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 07:21:55 +0100

Alexander Voropay a écrit :
> "Stefan Weil" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I added the MIPS display device which I already published
>> in an earlier mail, so now Thiemo can see LINUX ON MALTA
>> scrolling.
>
>  Linux kernel is scrolling this message *endless* and will waste a
> console output. Most of MIPS Malta emulators implement
> this device "Malta Display" in the separate small window.
> Look for example on the screenshot from the Virtutech Simics
> running MIPS Malta Linux:
> http://www.nwpi.ru/~alec/mips/simics-malta.jpg

I don't see the problem here. You can have a lot of virtual console in
QEMU. The Malta platform currently emulates a parallel port and two
serial ports, so the malta display is in the fourth position. Even with
a video card and the third serial port emulated, that will put it in
sixth position, which is IHMO reasonnable.

--
  .''`.  Aurelien Jarno             | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
 `. `'   address@hidden         | address@hidden