qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] IRQ acknowledge on MIPS

From: Alexander Voropay
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] IRQ acknowledge on MIPS
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 18:27:44 +0300

"Aurelien Jarno" <address@hidden> wrote:

Then after playing with the current code, I am sure we are missing a
simple interrupt controller for the MIPS CPU. It supports 6 hardware
interrupts (IP2 to IP7) and we are using two of them in the current
emulation: one for the i8259a and the other for the timer. In both case
the current code assert and deassert a CPU_INTERRUPT_HARD.

The Galileo GT64xxx chip contains an interrupt controller too (for DMA
cycle indication, built-in Timers e.t.c.). All this interrupt controllers are
daisy-chained: i8259(as part of the PIIX + PCI), GT64xxx and MIPS internal.

P.S.  It should be good to have a well-defined modular IRQ routing architecture
in the Qemu. Moreover, modern ix86 LAPIC/APIC interrupt controller even
more complicated.

--
-=AV=-