qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to run qemu (i386) without hda image?

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to run qemu (i386) without hda image?
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 22:45:49 +0100

On 1/28/07, Neo Jia <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks. After removing "root=/dev/hda", I still get the following
error messages. I think the kernel should be boot even without the
fc3.img, right?

not necessarily. if your kernel contains an initramfs, then it is
self sufficient. Again, the boot process ends with the initrd
you supplied... Maybe this initrd lacks drivers or shell scripts
to properly start init. I cannot tell unless I've a close look
at the initrd content and the config file used to compile the
kernel.

try now adding "init=/bin/sh" :)

--
Christian