qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] block composite driver and partition driver

From: Douglas McClendon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] block composite driver and partition driver
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 16:28:26 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
I've finally gotten around to working on my multipart driver again.

Why? I'm new to the list. Can you elaborate what sorts of things this would be used for? I haven't yet gotten around to writing my per device snapshot enablable/specifiable COW tmpfiles patch. But your code, while I have no clue how it might be used, seems like it might interrelate with that (or if not, I'm still curious).

-dmc

block-composite.c is the basic low level composite image format, which lets you
use a bunch of disk images as a single image.

block-ram.c is a ram block device, with the size of the "image" given in the
number of disk sectors.

block-partition.c is a partition block device that uses the composite driver
to combine partitions together along with a fake mbr that it generates and
stores inside of a ram block device. (It doesn't work yet - for some reason the
number of cylinders being reported to the guest OS is 0.)