qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Fedora in qemu-system-ppc

From: Fabrice Bellard
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Booting Fedora in qemu-system-ppc
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:27:08 +0100

Note that there seem to be a regression in the PPC target in the 0.9.0 version (it no longer boots a Mandrake Linux CD I was using as regression test). I did not try yet to find the related commits.

Regards,

Fabrice.

David Woodhouse wrote:
When booting the Fedora install CD, we seem to fall over on the ofboot.b
script which decides whether to use the 32-bit or 64-bit kernel.
http://people.redhat.com/jkeating/qemu-ppc.png

Attempting to boot yaboot instead (with -kernel /usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot)
doesn't seem much happier -- instead it says:

        OF_property_copy cannot get property for 'alias' for <null>
        No name in node!

Attempting to boot either the 'vmlinux' or the zImage kernel+initrd in
images/netboot/ppc32.img also fails similarly.
Are there any special tricks to getting anything to boot in
qemu-system-ppc?

Now that OpenFirmware is GPL'd, is it worth porting it?