qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Can I run FC4 inside Qemu on Sparc?

From: Neo Jia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Can I run FC4 inside Qemu on Sparc?
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 15:22:08 -0600

On 2/12/07, Ben Taylor <address@hidden> wrote:

---- Neo Jia <address@hidden> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am wondering if I can do this - running FC4 inside Qemu on Sparc. From
> opensolaris website, it seems that qemu 0.8.2 can be built but not sure if
> it can work correctly.
>
> http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/qemu/

The current 0.9.0 CVS code plus the tap patch includes most of the patches
in the opensolaris 0.8.2 port on the website.  There are only a few minor
patches which have not made it to CVS, and the current CVS code should
build with no problems.  If you're going to build it, you definitely want to
get gcc3, and libsdl from blastwave.org, just to make it simpler.

I know that my test systems when we did the original sparc work were
Damn Small Linux, Win98SE and Solaris 10, so I'd be pretty comfortable
saying it should run.

Ben,

Thanks for your messages. But if I would like stick on Solaris 9, is there any workaround for me?

Thanks,
Neo

Ben

--
I would remember that if researchers were not ambitious
probably today we haven't the technology we are using!