qemu-devel

RE: [Qemu-devel] USB storage cannot be recognized on guest Linux domain?

From: Yu, Xiaoyang
Subject: RE: [Qemu-devel] USB storage cannot be recognized on guest Linux domain?
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 18:26:06 +0800

I just found that using an older kernel in Fedora Core 4 may “solve” the problem.

When I tested Fedora Core 4 guest domain, the kernel version I used was 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4, and it cannot recognized the USB disk.

I just changed the kernel in guest domain to version 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4. Then the guest domain can recognized the USB disk. I am wondering why the USB support in QEMU depend on the guest domain kernel. And I would like to know which kernel version can support QEMU USB emulation.

BTW, I also found that Windows XP guest domain can not recognize the USB disk, while Windows XP SP2 guest domain can recognize the USB disk. So it seems like that the guest Linux/Windows domain should have some “special feature” to work with the QEMU USB emulation successfully. Isn’t it strange?