qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW image corruption under QEMU 0.9.0

From: J M Cerqueira Esteves
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QCOW image corruption under QEMU 0.9.0
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 03:38:57 +0000

J M Cerqueira Esteves wrote:
> Curiously this damaged image file has 4543348736 bytes.
> I wonder if there some new bug triggered by the image file size,
> for some size around 4500000000 bytes...

I have a copy of the disk image file as it was just before starting the
qemu run which damaged it, and now I noticed that, during that qemu run,
the image file size did not change: 4543348736 bytes.

However, comparing both images with  cmp -l  shows extensive changes.
Just an example, from the first bytes (byte number, original value,
corrupted value):

         1 121   0
         2 106   0
         3 111   0