qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Re: clfs arm problem

From: Rodrigo Vivi
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Re: clfs arm problem
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 14:36:23 -0300

Hi all,

I've just noticed that qemu does not has the xxxxat() syscalls support
implemented yet...

Does anyone has a patch that implements these syscalls:

.long sys_openat        /* 295 */
.long sys_mkdirat
.long sys_mknodat
.long sys_fchownat
.long sys_futimesat
.long sys_fstatat64     /* 300 */
.long sys_unlinkat
.long sys_renameat
.long sys_linkat
.long sys_symlinkat
.long sys_readlinkat        /* 305 */
.long sys_fchmodat
.long sys_faccessat

?

Thanks,
Regards
Rodrigo Vivi.

On 2/27/07, Rodrigo Vivi <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all,

I have a system arm from scratch and I'm running a chroot all over
qemu user mode emulation and getting the following problem:

"Function not implemented" message error when try something recursive...

detailing:
# creating files
bash-3.2# mkdir /tmp/dir
bash-3.2# touch /tmp/dir/file1
bash-3.2# touch /tmp/dir/file2
bash-3.2# touch /tmp/dir/file3

# chown and rm command works fine on a simple file
bash-3.2# chown root:root /tmp/dir/file1
bash-3.2# rm -rf /tmp/dir/file1

# chown failing in recursive mode:
bash-3.2# chown -R root:root /tmp/dir/
/bin/chown: changing ownership of `/tmp/dir/file3': Function not implemented
/bin/chown: changing ownership of `/tmp/dir/file2': Function not implemented

# rm failing in recursive mode:
bash-3.2# rm -r /tmp/dir/
/bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/dir//file3': Function not implemented
/bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/dir//file2': Function not implemented

#but when dir are empty rmdir works fine...
bash-3.2# rm -r /tmp/dir/file*
bash-3.2# rm -r /tmp/dir/

I could not strace because strace got the same problem:
bash-3.2# strace rm -r /tmp/dir/
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 26
strace: ptrace(PTRACE_TRACEME, ...): Function not implemented
qemu: Unsupported syscall: 26
detach: ptrace(PTRACE_DETACH, ...): Function not implemented
Process 26635 detached

I could recompile rm adding some debug messages and finally discovered
that the error (at least for rm command) occurs when it call for
unlinkat syscall...

Does any body has any idea about what can be happening here?

Thanks,
Rodrigo Vivi.