qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] armv6 support

From: Paul Brook
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] armv6 support
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 23:40:44 +0000

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 23:27, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Friday 23 February 2007 5:54 pm, Paul Brook wrote:
> > On Friday 23 February 2007 20:09, Rodrigo Vivi wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > Is there someone working on armv6 support?
> > > I'm very interested to help this development...
> >
> > I already have ARMv6 and ARMv7 implemented, but am unable to release the
> > code.
>
> On an unrelated note, is there any way to tell qemu to only support a
> subset, ala i386 or i586, armv4l, disable the math coprocessor, nommu, etc?

Yes, however most of the subsets you mention aren't implemented.
Specifically only the ARM VFP coprocessor can be easily disabled.

Restricting emulation to i586/armv4 isn't particularly hard, it just needs
some time spent to do the work. The new features I'm adding (eg. armv6) are
going to be optional from the start.

>  (Or is it on the todo list anywhere?)

I have no personal plans to do x86 or armv4. People periodically request this,
but so far noone has cared enough to invest the necessary effort.

> I'd love to be able to test uClinux on qemu instead of armulator

uClinux runs fine under qemu. Just because the CPU has an MMU doesn't mean you
have to enable it.

Paul