qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] -kernel-kqemu option causes kernel-panic
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 09:33:12 +0100

On 3/15/07, Halim Sahin <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,
On Thu, Mar 15, 2007 at 09:14:46AM +0100, Christian MICHON wrote:
> is it on a freshly created qemu image, or one created with qemu
> <= 0.8.2 ?
0.8.2 was used to create the image

> what is the format of the qemu image ? raw, qcow, qcow2 ?

Raw

I wanted to discard any change of behaviour between formats
and releases of qemu-img. You could have had a compressed
encrypted qcow(2) for example...

> right now (and I'm on windows hosts), latest qemu and 0.9.0
> work well. Most of the pb I see with kernel-kqemu are
> time out on hdc (cdrom) if I boot on hda with linux guests.
>
> what happens if you use a slax bootable iso, booting on
> it and accessing your data on hda ? this works for me
> and is very stable now since qemu 0.8.2.

Hmm I tested it now on my other host system.
There is a kernel 2.6.15 running under debian sarge.
All works fine. the described errors are not visible.

There runs a qemu 0.8.2 too but the kqemu module is an older version.

Perhaps the kqemu module causes these problems??
Thanks
Halim

I'm using the latest kqemu each time, and it works...

--
Christian