qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] KQEMU Darwin port status?

From: Philip Boulain
Subject: [Qemu-devel] KQEMU Darwin port status?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 19:30:14 +0000

Hi! I'll keep this succinct, because I'm sure they'd be FAQ-grade questions if this list had a FAQ: :)

1) Where's the version repository for KQEMU? It doesn't appear to be under/alongside QEMU itself. 2) Has anyone made any progress with porting KQEMU to Darwin x86? I've had a look at the GPL release (hurrah) and it looked to me like the platform-specific parts would mostly involve writing an I/O Kit Device Driver which provided a device node with suitable ioctl support [1], as the FreeBSD version does. The mailing list archives show some activity in this area, but without 1) it's hard to get an overview. (There are also obvious-looking compilation problems with the distributed 1.3.0pre11 sources, but I'm guessing that someone who knows assembler better than now has fixed them by now.)

Thanks,
LionsPhil
1. http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Darwin/Conceptual/ KernelProgramming/boundaries/chapter_14_section_6.html