qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/linux-user main.c

From: Thiemo Seufer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu/linux-user main.c
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 20:13:12 +0000

J. Mayer wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 12:16 +0000, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > CVSROOT:    /sources/qemu
> > Module name:        qemu
> > Changes by: Thiemo Seufer <ths>     07/03/19 12:16:29
> >
> > Modified files:
> >     linux-user     : main.c
> >
> > Log message:
> >     Support -cpu selection for mips usermode emulation. Fix segfault when
> >     dispaying the -cpu list help.
>
> Could you tell more about the segfault ?

It segfaulted for me (on ppc/linux) after printing the help list.

> exit is used at many other places without any problem and furthermore I
> did not experiment any crash while testing the PowerPC target with the
> initial patch, so ? (I'd really like to understand...)

I didn't really debug it, but I noticed the other branch in the
conditional uses _exit() instead of exit(). With that change, the
segfault disappeared. I figure we have an atexit/on_exit call somwhere
which tries to use data which isn't initialized at that point.

Thiemo