qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] generating EFAULT in linux-user

From: Stuart Anderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] generating EFAULT in linux-user
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:35:10 -0400 (EDT)

Here is an updated patch that show more of the changes that are needed
to detect EFAULT situations in linux-user. The areas I focused on are
the socket, semaphore, and message queue family of syscalls as they all
make interesting use of pointers to structures. This patch does sit on
top of the other patches I sent to this list this week for semaphores
and message queues, so it can't be 'test driven' without them.

With this patch, more of the Linux Test Project test suite is able to
PASS, and qemu SEGVs less frequently.

Still to be done is to actually fold this into lock_user(), and finish
applying it in the other applicable syscalls.

Comments would be appreciated.

                                Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson                               address@hidden
Network & Software Engineering                   http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149:                                  0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
                                                 BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149