qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB EHCI development nearing completion

From: Mark Burkley
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB EHCI development nearing completion
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 15:46:41 -0000

Dear list,

Just a quick note to let you know I have almost finished an implementation of an EHCI host controller for USB (usb-ehci.c) for qemu.  I am testing with an XP guest and so far I have a mass storage flash key, a mouse and a tablet working.  I haven’t yet implemented isochronous or split transactions though.  It doesn’t do companion controller hand-offs for low or full speed devices either but Windows XP doesn’t mind that I am attaching low/full speed devices through EHCI (I believe Linux guests won’t like this).

I have asked the company I am working for to give me permission to GPL the module and so far they are agreeable.  So I am planning to clean up and have an initial version for check in early in the new year.  If anyone has any inputs, please do let me know.  I’m new to qemu development so am not sure of checkin etiquette, etc.  Pointers in that regard appreciated too.

Cheers,

Mark