qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/experimental patch] qemu (x86_64 on x86_64 -no-kqe

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC/experimental patch] qemu (x86_64 on x86_64 -no-kqemu) compiles with gcc4 and works
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:44:15 -0500

Axel Zeuner wrote:
On Saturday 24 March 2007 21:15, Anthony Liguori wrote:
The tricky thing I still can't figure out is how to get ASM_SOFTMMU
working.  The problem is GLUE(st, SUFFIX) function.  First GCC cannot
deal with the register pressure.  The problem I can't seem to fix though
is that GCC sticks %1 in %esi because we're only using an "r"
constraint, not a "q" constraint.  This results in the generation of
%sib which is an invalid register.  However, refactoring the code to not
require a "q" constraint doesn't seem to help either.
Hi Anthony,
could you please try the attached patch for softmmu_header.h? Allows compiling with gcc4 and ASM_SOFTMMU.

That did the trick.  Could you explain what your changes did?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Kind regards
Axel