qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + -std-vga + XFree86

From: Christian MICHON
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU + -std-vga + XFree86
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 10:53:38 +0200

On 3/26/07, Kyle Hubert <address@hidden> wrote:
I tried using the newer video appendage and it didn't seem to work. I
had to use the older vga=. I believe you are talking about the kernel
boot param, yes?

yes. normally the vesafb-tng is supposed to address missing functions
or resolutions of the current vesa present in the kernel.
The cool feature is to be able to swap resolutions without rebooting,
plus being able to get higher refresh rates than 60hz.

How about this for more information. The XFree86 VBE extension does
the following code:
(...)

for the rest of your email, that part is too obscure to me (I never went
inside the bios itself: I'm doing more OS assembly and kernel compiling
than doing active development of qemu).

good luck!

--
Christian